Wilson Engineering is a leading civil engineering consulting company in northwestern Washington State. We have a job opening for a CAD technician with experience in civil engineering. We have a superb team of positive people, a great working and learning environment, and competitive salaries/benefits. Bellingham is a great place to work, live, play, and raise a family.
- This position requires proficiency in Autodesk software, specifically AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Proficiency with CAD applications and practices, specifically AutoCAD in the field of civil design (plans, profiles, sections, and details for water, wastewater, stormwater, roads, and site development.
- Experience with PDF software such as Adobe and Bluebeam
- Ability to work well independently, with coworkers, and with external design teams and clientele
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and manage workload to meet deadlines
- Create Civil 3D models and produce construction drawing sets, including plans and details
- Coordinate and manage CAD drawings and Civil 3D models
- Create Civil 3D families and CAD blocks to facilitate efficient and easily adaptable models and drawings
- Maintain and update detail library complete digital and physical printing and batch plotting requests
- Demonstrate proactive approach to learning new digital design tools through collaboration and by accessing online training materials
- Work on multidisciplinary project teams
- Interpret rough sketches and verbal clarifications from from engineers
- Classify, organize, and file drawings electronically
2 or more years with CAD applications and practices, specifically AutoCAD in the field of civil design (plans, profiles, sections, and details for water, wastewater, stormwater, roads, and site development. Inspection and land surveying experience a plus.
Education: Technical degree in engineering technology, specializing in CAD.